WINNER OF HOMESTARS 'BEST OF' 8 YEARS IN A ROW
FREE QUOTES on all Service Calls and New Garage Doors
Are you experiencing the frustration of dealing with a broken garage door opener? It’s an all too common problem that many homeowners have to deal with, but thankfully there’s an easy solution.
With our team of skilled technicians, the Garage Door Geeks can repair your garage door opener quickly and affordably. We know how important it is to have a properly working garage door and that’s why we offer a fast and friendly service!
With over 100 5-Star reviews on Google Maps we are the Greater Toronto Area’s best and most trusted team for garage door opener repair. Give us a call or fill out our Live Booking Form so we can get your garage door back on track.
If you have a new garage door opener and would like a professional to install it – then check out our garage door opener installation service.
For Garage Door Opener Repair & Urgent Service Calls
Visit our Live Booking Page and a technician will be in touch with you immediately. Our goal is to fix your garage door opener by the end of the day.
Common Issues with Residential Garage Door Openers
In our 15 years providing garage door repair services, we have seen a few common issues that tend to occur with residential garage door openers. These include:
Your garage door does not respond when using either the remote control or keypad. The antenna might not be able to reach the remote control. Contemporary garage door openers are tiny radios that transmit at a frequency and a few extra feet of distance can have an impact on the signal. Remote controls and keypads have delicate electronics within that can occasionally lose their programming.
Your garage door is not closing all the way. It could be necessary to change the close-limit switch. The set-limit switches on your garage door tell the motor when to stop running during both the opening and closing processes. The door may not close if the close-limit switch is set up incorrectly.
The motor does not stop running once the garage door is open. This is a unique issue that indicates that the up-limit switch needs to be relocated away from the motor unit. It is uncommon for this issue to develop out of nowhere. If the motor unit’s gears have been stripped, it would allow the motor to run without moving the door.
Garage door springs and garage door “safety eyes” can actually be the source of the problem. Garage doors are heavy and weigh a few hundred pounds, and when the spring starts to wear out, the door stops operating. Garage door safety eyes can also be a common problem due to factors such as the need for cleaning as dust and dirt can block the sensor. We can fix a broken garage door spring the same day you call.
At Garage Door Geeks we solve these types of problems everyday for our customers. If your garage door opener is malfunctioning, get in touch today for a FREE QUOTE for repair. When it comes to garage door repairs and garage door installation we are the best in the business!
Garage Door Opener Repair - It’s Important to Fix Before Considering an Expensive Replacement
If you have a garage door opener that is not working properly, it is important to get it fixed before considering an expensive replacement. Many things can go wrong with a garage door opener. But we have seen every type of problem, and in many cases can fix or replace components to get your garage door working again.
One of the most common problems with garage door openers is the chain coming off the track. This can usually be caused by either a broken or a loose chain. If you have a broken chain, it will need to be replaced. If you have a loose chain, it can be tightened by a qualified technician.
Below is the list of brands we can repair for you:
- and others – give us a call!
Parts of a Garage Door Opener We Can Fix and Replace
There are many different parts to a garage door opener and at Garage Door Geeks we are experts in repairing and replacing all of them. Some of the most common parts that we fix and replace include:
- Pulleys, sprockets, and gears: Are very important to the machinery of your garage door opener. These parts transmit force throughout the machine so that the motor can start lifting.
- Chains: For chain drive garage door openers, a metal chain is used to open the garage door. These openers use a running assembly unit with a chain coupled to tension springs to raise and lower the garage door.
- Belts: Belt drive openers operate by pulling on a rubber belt to open the garage door.
- Garage Door Cables: Cables are positioned on either side of the door and work with torsion and extension springs. This makes it easier to raise and lower the garage door. If one cable snaps, the other will soon experience stress and fail as well. We offer garage door cable replacement for our customers.
- Rails: These are tracks that the garage door uses to open and close. They are located on either side of the door and above the door.
- Brackets: Garage door brackets are an essential part of the running of the garage door system as it supports the weight of the door and allows the doors to be used repeatedly.
These are just some of the most common parts of a garage door opener that we repair and replace. If you are having any problems with your opener then contact us today. Give us a call or fill out our Live Booking Form for expert diagnosis and repairs, as well as FREE QUOTES.
Garage Door Opener Remote and Keypad
If your garage door opener remote or keypad has stopped working, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the issue.
First, check the batteries in both the remote and keypad. For garage door openers that aren’t working – replacing the batteries can do the trick! We have seen it many times! If this doesn’t work there are a few other things you can try.
If your remote uses dip switches to program, make sure all the dip switches are set to the same position as your opener. If they are not, program the remote again. If your keypad has a code lock feature, make sure the correct code is entered before trying to open the garage door.
If none of these solutions work, it’s possible that your garage door opener needs to be repaired or replaced. At Garage Door Geeks we have experts who can assist you to diagnose and solve the problem. We also carry replacement universal remotes and can install new keypads.
Garage Door Opener Replacement - New Openers
In some cases, the garage door opener is beyond repair or replacing individual components is just too expensive. In the event that you will actually need a new garage door opener, we are a preferred supplier of the leading brands and can sell at a price lower than retailers.
Replacing your garage door opener is also a great way to update your home’s security. Our team of experts can help you select and install the perfect opener for your needs. We carry all the major brands, including Genie, Chamberlain, Craftsman, and more.
When it’s time to replace your garage door opener, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- You’ll need to decide whether you will go with a chain drive, belt drive or jackshaft garage door opener. It’s important to choose the one that best fits your needs.
- It’s time to select the right brand and model of garage door opener. This will depend on the size and weight of your door, as well as how much power you need. The price of different models is an important consideration also.
- We’ll install your new opener and test it to make sure it’s working properly. We also offer a warranty on all of our products and services, so you can rest assured knowing that your investment is protected.
Contact Us - Toronto’s Best Team for Garage Door Repair
If you require garage door opener repair in Toronto, Mississauga, and the Greater Toronto Area, you can count on the team at Garage Door Geeks. We’re experts when it comes to all things garage doors, and our 5-Star reviews on Google are all the proof you need!
Whether you’re having issues with your garage door opener or need a new opener installed – we can help! We also offer repairs and maintenance services for all types of garage doors. If your door is making strange noises, or if it’s not opening or closing properly – our goal is to fix it by the end of the day!
For the best garage door repair team in Toronto, contact Garage Door Geeks today. Give us a call or fill out our Live Booking Form to experience our amazing and trusted service!